Kitting Technician, Fareham
Responsible for cutting and preparing aerospace industry kitted components from a wide range of textiles and materials in accordance with customer specifications.
Team Leader – Fareham Operations
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Operate necessary equipment for the packaging of parts & kits
- Handling and preparing a wide range of differing textiles & materials to produce kit components in accordance with SOP & detailed work instructions.
- Ensure parts & installation kits are properly identified & labelled.
- Ensure correct paperwork is maintained throughout kitting process.
- Perform work in a neat and organised manner within estimated or budgeted hours while maintaining high standards of quality.
- Interpretation of diagrams & drawings to prepare materials for cutting.
- Work with problem solving teams across (Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance) assisting team leaders & managers with corrective actions.
- Complete all required paperwork for kitting & certification.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, & continuing needs in job turnovers.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Attendance at and contribution to team and departmental meetings and company updates.
- Perform all other reasonable duties assigned by Team Leader or Site Leader.
- Zund Machine experience is preferred.
- Experience in performing Kitting in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- self-starter requiring minimum supervision.
- Able to perform job assignments with a very high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts to include overtime (as needed).
- High level of manual dexterity and detail orientation.
- Aerospace sector cleanroom experience is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work in accordance with safety & quality standards.
- A keen eye for detail & a quality focussed approach to producing accurate work are essential.
NB. This job description is intended for use as a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
For more information on any of the opportunities displayed on this page, or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no agencies.