Kitting Technician, Burnley
Responsible for cutting and preparing aerospace industry kitted components from a wide range of textiles and materials in accordance with customer specifications. Please note – sewing experience essential for this role.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Handling and preparing a wide range of differing textiles and materials to produce kit components in accordance with SOP’s and detailed work instructions.
- Operate necessary equipment for the packaging of parts and kits – possibly including sewing machines.
- Ensure parts and installation kits are properly identified and labelled.
- Ensure correct certification paperwork is maintained with parts throughout kitting process.
- Perform work in a neat and organised manner while maintaining quality standards.
- Interpretation of diagrams and drawings to prepare materials for precision cutting and inclusion in finished kits.
- Work with problem solving teams across own and other functions to identify areas requiring corrective action.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in job turnovers.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities (offsite / off-shift training) and continuous self-improvement.
- Accomplish organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests (cross training), exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Attendance at and contribution to team and departmental meetings and company updates.
- Perform all other reasonable duties assigned by Team Leader, Senior Team Leader or Site Leader
- Experience in performing Kitting in a manufacturing type of environment preferred.
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision and able to perform job assignments with a very high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with a wide variety or people.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts to include overtime and weekends (as needed) in order to meet customer schedules and needs of other departments.
- High level of manual dexterity and detail orientation.
- Proven experience of working in a busy and fast-moving manufacturing operation.
- Aerospace sector cleanroom experience is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work accurately in accordance with safety and quality standards.
- A keen eye for detail and a quality focussed approach to producing accurate work.
NB. This job description is intended for use as a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
For more information on any of the opportunities displayed on this page, or to apply please email email@example.com. Strictly no agencies.