Customer Project Engineer, Burnley
Responsible for combining technical knowledge and sales skills, working alongside new and existing Customers to provide technical support and advice to maximise business potential. This role will require a technically competent person who has the ability to work on their own initiative. Travel to Customer Sites will be essential as part of this role
Base Location: Burnley
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Regular visits to Customers, front-line responsibility for reporting on Customer changes & opportunities.
- Developing robust relationships with all Customer functions.
- Driving internal alignment on key Customer activities.
- Reporting on Customer performance KPIs.
- Co-ordinating customer projects linked to our products / services.
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows etc.
- Ensure customer and company needs are met.
- Providing training and producing support material for Customers.
- Identifying Customer demand on existing & new business.
- Forecasting and reporting on demand changes.
New Business Development
- Seeking & identifying new opportunities with existing Customers.
- Updating Sales pipeline tool (Bigin).
- Developing responses to RFIs, RFPs & RFQs.
- Calculating customer quotations.
- Producing technical presentations.
- Supporting the identification of potential new customers.
- Self-starter, requiring minimum supervision.
- Customer focused & results / deadline driven.
- Keen eye for detail with a quality focus on producing accurate work.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships at all levels, both externally and internally.
- Detailed engineering understanding of Customer and VC processes.
- Composite knowledge – products and processes.
- Basic commercial and marketing acumen.
- Effective and concise communicator.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project management understanding, including plan building.
- Computer skills to prepare, analyse and develop reports and spreadsheets.
- Ability to manage projects and prioritise workload.
- Willingness to travel – UK & International.
NB. This job description is intended for use as a guide only and is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
For more information on any of the opportunities displayed on this page, or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Strictly no agencies.